Friday, December 12, 2008

88. 2008 Awards

Worst Disgrace By An Artist


Three Doors Down - Citizen / Soldier

Kid Rock - American Warrior

If these two artists didn't need anymore reason to be disliked by me; they have found a way step further down the ladder. These artists are among the blacklisted; the far point beyond disgrace and banished from my eyes. It is not anything to do with my personal views on military occupation. To say that Kid Rock has disgraced his name by making a song for the nation Guard is not saying much for his current reputation. He was awful before...now he is more awful than before. I should say 3 Doors Down and Kid Rock are now below passing kidney stones. I had to sit through these videos before the previews for my movies. Damn it, I paid to hear this song. These Citizen Soldier songs emotionless hallow recruitment songs aimed at an impressionable population. I can see how someone would be duped into believing they could be the Conan of the desert.; fighting sand worms and monsters of the Near East. Recruitment videos do not enrage me as much as these songs. The Citizen Soldier campaign is so thin in its disguise it is like a guy hiding behind a flag pole. STOP. Just come out. I can see you. A video of someone screaming at me me to join the military is less obtrusive than a recruitment video disguised as a song. These videos and the lyrics are so bad; they are almost laughable and would fit if someone was parodying recruitment videos. Kid rock's song draw lines in the sand against supporters and the indifferent:

So don't tell me who's wrong and right
When liberty starts slipping away
And if you ain't gonna fight
Get out of the way

while 3 Doors Down's song make a case for subtle glory:

Hope and pray that you never need me the rest assured, I
will not let you down
I walk beside you but you may not see me
The strongest among you may not were a crown


Damn Straight. American Warrior. Fuck Yeah. Give me my tank. Lets find Osama.
I am not saying the left wing doesn't have its share of terrible songs. I could cough up about ten punk bands from suburban towns who have the word Bush and Hitler in the same song. While the anti-war's world is clouded in robots, puppet governments and slavery, the pro-war mind is filled with these cheesy views of heroism and understated pride. Maybe I just like the anti-war's music a little better. Sure it has its share of folk and tom Morello; but it is alot better than the other side. While i laugh at t he cliches thrown around b y anti-war songwriters; it is nowhere near the absurdity of pro-war moral songs.







i

No comments: