Monday, December 8, 2008

77. Goodbye Toto



1977-2008

Oh I did bless the rains in Africa. 2008 saw the end of Grammy award winning musical group Toto. To be honest I know nothing else from this band other than "Africa," and was shocked and bewildered when I learned they had 17 albums and composed the music to Dune. Holy fuck. Its like your neighbor who dies and only when the landlord goes through their apartment do they find a scale model of Paris made out of gum wrappers in the living room. I was also surprised to learn Toto had a wizard in their band. Toto maybe one of those bands, like T.Rex, who are only known for one song but have a deep breadth of work which baffles the mind. Maybe sometime soon Ill spend a good couple of months listening to every Toto record. I know my brother, Epileptic Peat, will be down....Sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti. Goodbye Toto. I never knew how awesome you were until you were gone.


No comments: