Sunday, November 30, 2008

Kaptain Carbons House Of 12" singles

As we Circle the drain of 2008, it is time to take a step back and recognize the songs of 2008 that made this year special. The single is a dying market except for the mainstream or underground electronic music. Well i guess there are others. A single is used to be a feeder line to garner interest in the rest of the album. Most of the time music videos accompany singles. Sometimes not. These "singles" are either officially released songs from the 2008 records or songs I found amazing and decided to make them singles. Some of the singles are apart of albums in the top 10 of 2008. Sometimes not. What is similar is every single song is amazing in its own right and has floated to the top of every song I listened to this year. I will present them using youtube (to avoid any responsibility on my part) making sure each song is of the highest quality possible. There are three formats to singles:

official videos made by the band which may or may not be an amazing video
unofficial montages made by fans which may or may not be the worst piece of shit ive ever seen
still videos: the mp3 presented to a still picture of the album art which are always neutral

I will spare you bootlegged live footage not because I have anything against bootlegs but because the sound quality is most likely terrible. Every year i made a mix cd from these songs. these are given to my friends at holiday parties and act as coasters for the majjoirty of guests. If you would like to receive a free copy of the "best mix of 2008" please email me at carbon@warpath.tv. Until then enjoy my countdown of 2008.

No comments: