Wednesday, November 26, 2008

60. Tears For Fears - Tears Roll Down (1992)


Why yes it is. This is a greatest hits. I know what you are thinking. Hey! Greatest Hits are for housewives and little girls. Yes I realize greatest hits are filler albums not made for fans rather novices who are jumping on the train midway through its journey. Now its crowded and you get an condensed discography highlighting only the popular hits. Its like being at a concert and the drunken middle aged father is yelling out songs for the band to play. Its terrible...At least for the people who were into Tears For Fears first. I was 3 when The Hurting came out and began listening to christian rap by the time Tears for Fears disbanded. Tears Roll Down is more than a greatest hits album. It is a greatest hits album only concerning itself with three albums from 1983 - 1989. Tears Roll Down was released in 1992 and acts as a regional border between classic Tears For Fears (Orzabal / Smith) and the Strange "lite" version (Orzabel). Tears Roll Down is a perfect collection for anyone who has no Tears For Fears albums. Listen to Tears Roll Down and tell me, with all sincerity you are not moved by their music. It is reflective. Its is sorrowful. It is epic. A few posts ago I talked about break up music. I can say with all seriousness that If i was 17 in 1989, that this is the music that would play infinitely on my tape deck as I drove through the night; I want you to steal a car. I have a Car. STEAL A CAR! STEAL A CAR! I want you to get in it and drive West. Play the tape full blast. When the tape ends, get out and get into a fight, then get back into the car.


Mad World from The Hurting



Everybody wants to Rule The World from Songs From The Big Chair

No comments: