Tuesday, November 18, 2008

53. Dungen - 4 (2008)

Sweet sweet Psychedelic Pop. Dungen is Gustav Ejstes a multinstrumentalist who writes and records all the music for Dungen releases. Bakc in 2004, the band received massive attention following a spectacular release Ta Det Lugnt. I believe I was between my hazy deadhead days and right before i discovered kazzaa lite. Even if I discovered this during the height of my jam band days, I think I would not of enjoyed as much as the newest LivePhish recording for my collection.There are jams and catchy harmonies but the music is more similar to Turikish Psychedelic and AM Pop than the Grateful Dead melodies. Now older and much wiser, I can enjoy this form of psychedlia without an 1/8th or an expaneded concioussness. 4 is very mellow and less abstract than Ta Det Lugnt but just as enjoyable.




video for Stadsvandringar (2002)

No comments: