Thursday, March 5, 2009

Daft Punk vs. Tr2n

Last time I tried to watch Tron was 2 years ago during spring break. I contracted Strep Throat and fled to my parents basement for three days of eating soup and yogurt. During that time i rented a pile of movies to keep on 24 hours a day. I tried to watch Tron but passed out and never finished the movie. The news of Tron2.0 or Tron2 or Tr2n has caused me little excitement. I missed the movie when I was 2 and thus missed out on the nolstalgic hook. Although the incredibly outdated technology could excite my retro-futuristic fetish; it is just a movie I never got into. The original score for the Disney film was composed by transexual genuis; Walter Carlos. To follow in the hip electronic trend, Disney has hired French Electro-robots, Daft Punk to compose the score for Tr2n. Perhaps this will be interesting. Whether or not Daft Punk will be enough for me to sit in a theater full of families and stoners is another.

No comments: