Monday, January 5, 2009

Street Fighter (2009)


Alright. Movie news. At this year's Magfest I spent a considerable amount of time checking on updates on the Nibbler World Championship and the long line of people who sat around a projected game of Street Fighter IV. While I was enthralled in the updated graphics and the tease of a few new characters, I completely forgot they were making an updated version of the classic fighting game. Lets quick run through the list of new faces for some trusted characters.

The girl from Smallville as Chun-li
Some guy who was in 88 minutes as M Bison
The nice guy jock from American Pie as Charlie Nash
Michael Clarke Duncan as Balrog
Some dbag from the Black Eyed Peas as Vega
The guy who played Liu Kang as Gen
And the girl from Pathfinder as Maya

Besides MCD being born for the role of Balrog, I am extremely disappointed by the casting of this movie. Some people may be upset that I am dismissing the movie already, but I think we all know how it is going to turn out. There is only one street Fighter movie in my mind and no mix of flash and CGI can replace that.

No comments: