Sunday, February 1, 2009

Genghis Tron - Board Up the house (Renolder Remix)


The Underworld series for me has slowly ascended from erroneous Hollywoood bullshit to slightly shameful timekiller. Underworld 3 was a suitable installment in an epic guilty pleasure which continues to drain me of money. I believe it is the movies themes of industrial rave / dark Victorian which strikes a chord in my past. This is the movie I would of written when I was 15, if approached by studio execs. Vampires vs Werewolves. Trenchcoats, pale skin, corsets and sub machine guns. The soundtrack for my film would be remixes of popular metal and alternative music. The ending credits for Underworld 3 features a remix of Genghis Tron's "Board Up The House." Daniel Lohner (Nine Inch Nails, Tapeworm, Marylin Manson) has successfully transformed the innovative sound of Genghis Tron into a dripping industrial remix circa 1995. I would be lying if I said I wasn't 100% enthralled in the heavy sounds which rolled over the credits. However, I would also be lying if I said I wasn't blushing during the entire song. Lohner's remix makes my more sensible 28 year old experience battle against my hedonistic 18 year old past self. Who will win? I have no idea.





Remix



Original

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like it could have been on the seven soundtrack